Dekelia Hotel is closely monitoring and complying with the new directives of the authorities as well as the Health Protocols. The continuous monitoring of scientific and legislative data, as well as their integration in the Health & Safety Protocols are ensured with the participation of the HEALTH FIRST certification.
Please check the latest information before planning your visit by referring to the Athens International Airport and the Protocol for Arrivals in Greece
Please find below detailed information about Dekelia Hotel health & safety measures.
POLICY & MEASURES
The management of Dekelia Hotel informs the public about the measures that have already taken in order prevent the spread of the SARS-CoV-2.
The safety and the security of our guests, team members and associates has always been a top priority for the management of our hotel. Given the effects of COVID-19, we have developed in consultation with local health authorities (ΕΟΔΥ) and based on the global hygiene protocols of WHO and CDC, a framework of measures in order to ensure safety and make our hygiene protocols even more rigorous.
- Cooperation (24/7) with medical center and specialized doctor in order to protect guest’s health and effectively anticipate a possible Covid – 19 incident.
- Education and training of hotel employees upon the new protocols of hygiene & safety against Covid-19.
- Hand sanitizing stations have been placed at the public areas (entrances, near the front desk, elevator fitness and meeting spaces) for extensive use from guests.
- Floor marking for keeping distances are placed in common areas, restaurants, bars and swimming pools.
- Provision and extensive use of Personal Protective Equipment from hotel staff of all departments according to the guidelines given.
- Periodic education and training upon guidelines and updated measures concerning covid-19. Mandatory use a face mask is in all indoor common areas.
- Reengineering F.O. processes in order to minimize the time guests have to spend at reception desk.
- Expansion of the time between check in (15:00pm) & check out (11:00am).
- Room allocation in different wings (when is feasible).
- Advance checkout is available while bills can be prepared without physical contact
- Electronic invoicing and contactless payment is encouraged
- Measurement of guest’s temperature at hotel’s entrance.
- Disinfection of room keys with UVC technology. Key cards and keys are not given back to the reception until check out.
- During check-out guests should place the key card in the special box that stands in the Front Desk Office in order to be disinfected.
- Medical kit provision in case of covid-19 incident.
- Use of signage in lobbies and public spaces to remind guests to maintain social distancing protocols.
- Removal or re-arrangement of furniture to allow more space for distancing.
- Placement of partitions at front desk to provide an extra level of precaution
HOUSEKEEPING & CLEANLINESS
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting processes at all rooms and public areas by using steam cleaning machines, electrostatic sprayers and hospital-grade disinfectants.
- Surfaces in common areas undergo disinfection treatment every 60 minutes, with greater emphasis and frequency on the frequently touched surfaces (such as doorknobs, handles, elevator keys, front-desk surfaces).
- Rooms are thoroughly sanitized with industry-leading cleaning products before guest’s arrival. Additionally,
all surfaces are thoroughly disinfected with steam, electrostatic sprayers and disinfectant detergents. The
textile surfaces are cleaned with a steam generator (temperature > 70°), and cloth specific disinfecting
- Housekeeping services and daily change of linen are mandatory as a standard procedure. Room cleaning
and linen changing are an opt-in procedure according to the guest’s wish.
- It is recommended that only one housekeeper enters the room. If additional staff (technician or staff for
specialized deep cleaning) are required, the housekeeper enters last to disinfect the room.
- Towels are sanitized and packaged.
- TV & AC controls will be covered and sanitized and before each check in.
- Mini bar service is temporary stopped as a standard procedure. All you need can be provided through our
- Natural and intensive ventilation during cleaning process.
BARS & RESTAURANT
- Breakfast buffet process is modified to comply with the new measures. Guests are served from our employees, disinfection at restaurant’s entrance is applied and plexiglass partitions are used.
- Open-air setting of our restaurant and 1,5 meters distancing among tables is applied.
- Entrance in the restaurant is only allowed to a minimum number of guests per time slot.
- Dining at a la carte restaurant is fully serviced and guest can enjoy our menu at the outdoor patio
of our restaurant.
- Guests can check restaurant and bars menu through a QR code placed on tables or
they may ask hotels’ staff for any clarification.
- PPE are used by our staff during the operation of bars & restaurant.
- Kitchen operation & food production in accordance with HACCP protocols.
- Extra sanitization practices are used in all food production areas.
- All the equipment is washed and disinfected in high temperature following Health and Safety Protocols.
- Safe distances between sun beds and umbrellas is maintained
- Reinforced cleaning and disinfection of all sun beds & tables after use
- Systematic chlorination of pool water with appropriate products as always
- Sanitization station for guests and employees are placed & signage for maintain social distancing are used.
NETWORKS & INSTALLATIONS
In cooperation with certified companies & suppliers we have implement the following actions:
- Total – general anti covid-19 disinfection of the hotel (public spaces, guest rooms, bars, restaurants, kitchens, meeting rooms, gym, back offices, pool area etc).
- Chemical disinfection of the A/C network and chlorination of the water supply network.
- Renewal and chlorination of pool water as ordinary – always programmed.
- Provision for future general anti covid-19 disinfection based on the pandemic spread in the country.
Due to public health reasons and in compliance with the protocol on tourism accommodation businesses, we record the details of our staff and guests (name, nationality, arrival/departure date, telephone, e-mail and address), always respecting the relevant legislative framework on the protection of personal data and privacy.
The implementation and effectiveness of the above framework of measures will be monitored and evaluated on a daily basis and will be updated and modified if needed, following the guidelines of the the appropriate health authorities.
- Dekelia Hotel reserves the right to refuse accommodation to a guest arriving with a contagious disease. In cases where sickness occurs during the stay, please notify the Front Desk staff. In the case of serious sickness, you may be requested to receive appropriate health care from a nearby healthcare facility. During epidemics we are entitled to employ precautionary measures within our judgment or as required by local authorities. We may charge you a room cleaning fee as we deem appropriate under the circumstances.
- Dekelia Hotel Staff are trained to handle a COVID-19 incident.
- The infected guest is separated from other people by at least 2 m.
- If the condition requires it and the patient is not needed to be transferred to the hospital, the administration takes appropriate measures to ensure that the patient receives the proper care. This includes the potential need to appoint an employee who has been adequately trained to prevent and control infections, as well as to follow the measures of the Health Protocols.
- All used items are treated appropriately to mitigate the risk of transmitting the disease. Consumables (hand towels, gloves, masks, tissues) are placed in a container with a lid and discarded according to the hotel’s action plan and national waste management regulations.
- Dekelia Hotel is cooperating with a Secondary Healthcare Provider. In case a guest is suspended with COVID-19, an appointed doctor will attend and perform with a molecular test, in the hotel premises, if needed
MANAGEMENT OF SUSPICIUS COVID-19 CASE ACTION PLAN
If a visitor meets the criteria for the COVID-19 Case Definition, Fever, Dry Cough and Discharge (some experience sore throat, arthralgia / myalgia and nasal congestion) the following applies:
1. The manager of the hotel must contact the collaborating medical care unit & the doctor in charge.
2. If the patient has an urgent need for hospitalization, presents a serious clinical picture, the doctor contacts IMMEDIATELY with EODY in order the patient to be transformed to the appropriate local Health Unit.
3. If the patient presents a mild clinical picture, according to the clinical assessment a sample is taken from the patient for laboratory confirmation of COVID-19. The patient has to sign a consent letter in order the sample to be taken and the process to continue. The signing of the consent letter entails the acceptance of the costs derived from the medical treatment.
4. The patient with a mild clinical picture remains in his room until the results of the laboratory test are announced.
5. If it is not confirmed as a case of COVID-19, it is treated at the hotel with the instructions of the examining doctor.
6. If confirmed as a COVID case, it should be isolated in accordance with the applicable provisions (see Out-of-Hospital COVID-19 Confirmed Treatment) and should go or transported to an appropriate health facility for hospitalization. (The patient is transported by vehicle (with the indicated use of PPE) to the designated local Health Unit).